Ten-man Boeung Ket down Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng on penalty shootouts to clinch their first Hun Sen Cup

មាស សុផាណារ៉ុង November 6, 2019


Boeung Ket won their very first Hun Sen Cup in the club’s history with ten men after they defeated Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng 5-4 on penalty shootouts following a 1-1 draw.

Prak Monyudom received a through ball from Soun Sovan, and the midfielder rounded Boeung Ket goalkeeper Hul Kimhuy inside the penalty box before sending a low effort that was cleared away.

Soeuy Visal produced a long through ball, but Hul Kimhuy was quick enough to collect the ball, and three minutes later the Boeung Ket goalkeeper made another good save from Chea Samnang’s effort.

Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng found it hard to break the Boeung Ket defense, and Hoy Phalin tried a long range strike that went wide over the bar.

Six minutes before the half-time break, Hul Kimhuy produced a fantastic save as he tipped the ball over from Prak Monyudom’s dangerous free kick.

Boeung Ket looked toothless as Chan Vathanaka remained silent before Mon Vanda made a long, low strike, but it was only wide.

Boeung Ket were in front just two minutes into the second half as Mon Vanda came from behind Sareth Krya to head the ball into the top corner thanks to Chea Vesly’s brilliant cross.

Phreah Khan Reach Svay Rieng tried to push hard in search for a quick equalizer, which required Hul Kimhuy to make a number of good saves to deny the efforts from Hoy Phalin, Chea Samnang, and Prak Monyudom.

Boeung Ket were hit with a big blow as they were down to ten men as Sath Rosib was sent off after committing a handball inside his own box, and a penalty was also rewarded to Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng.

Second-half substitute Nub Tola made no mistake from the spot to equalize for Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng in the seventy-first minute.

Five minutes later, Nub Tola was close to bag his second goal that could have won his side the Hun Sen Cup final, but his effort from Try Vichet’s great low cross couldn’t find the target.

Mat Noron’s free kick was denied by the post in the stoppage time, meaning that the Hun Sen Cup final went into the extra times.

Despite playing with ten men, Boeung Ket still defended well and created two clear chances, but Khuon Laboravy’s header and Mat Noron’s effort from the close range were denied by Sovanarath.

Samoeun Pidor missed a big chance as his powerful effort was wide with five minutes remaining before Hul Kimhuy made another fantastic save from Hoy Phalin’s header.

It’s still 1-1 after extra times, so the Hun Sen Cup final headed into the penalty shootouts.

Boeung Ket
– Khuon Laboravy denied by Sovanarath
– Mat Noron scored
– Ly Mizan scored
– Hong Pheng scored
– Mat Yamin scored
– Ly Vahed scored

Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng
– Prak Monyudom scored
– Sok Samnang denied by Hul Kimhuy
– Soeuy Visal scored
– Samoeun Pidor scored
– Soun Sovan scored
– Hoy Phalin denied by Hul Kimhuy


By: Sophak Huy